In India, an 18-year-old girl died after brushing her teeth with rat poison.
The incident took place in Mumbai, India’s largest city, and the world’s most populous area, police said on Tuesday. On September 3, the girl, identified as Upsana Khan, woke up in the morning and went to brush her teeth as usual. However, he accidentally picked it up and used a tube of rat poison placed with a toothpaste tube.
“While brushing, he noticed that he had not used toothpaste, which caused him to wash his face immediately,” said a police officer. Indian Express
According to local media, Khan, who was afraid to tell his parents because he thought they could scold him, kept taking some medicine because she was suffering from severe abdominal pain. Her parents later found out she was ill and took her to at least three private and government hospitals. However, his health continued to deteriorate over time.
He later told his family what had happened. On Sunday, they took him to Sir JJ Hospital for treatment. Despite treatment, the girl died on Sunday evening.
Survivors include her parents, an older sister and two younger brothers. Daily Politics. Reported citing IANS.
An autopsy confirmed that the girl had died of poisoning. The Dharvi police station collected samples for forensic analysis and began investigating the incident. On Monday, police recorded his family’s statements on the incident and reported the accidental death. No charges were filed in the case.
On Saturday, a 16-year-old girl drank poison after an argument while playing a mobile game in front of her younger brother. The young man from Mumbai was admitted to hospital for treatment, but was later pronounced dead. Police said the girl ate rat poison on Friday night after a fight with her brother. Authorities told local media that he bought the poison from a nearby pharmacy and ate it in front of his brother.