Cristiano Ronaldo was the talk of the football world on Monday when several outlets reported that the Portuguese forward could leave Juventus and join Paris Saint-Germain to form a superstar duo with Lionel Messi.
Five-time Ballon d’Or winner. Paris was on the verge of joining Real Madrid with Killian Mbabane. This summer. However, according to Italian transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, neither Ronaldo nor Mbabane are going anywhere this summer. The pair is expected to stay in Italy and France, respectively, at least until the summer of 2022.
“Cristiano Ronaldo’s situation. Juventus have always said they have not received a bid yet. PSG are not interested in signing Ronaldo and they intend to keep MBPP.” Romano wrote.. “There is no point of view from Man City – now they are focused on the Hurricane Agreement.”
The 36-year-old has just one year left on his current contract and has not indicated he will sign an extension with Juventus. The Serie A club are content to keep him for another season and leave him as a free agent in 2022.
On the other hand, Ronaldo is said to be ready to offer the services of Portugal captain to several European clubs this summer along with his agent Jorge Mendes. PSG and Manchester City were among the top contenders, while their former club Manchester United were also initially named as potential supporters.
A new report has surfaced claiming that Carlo Ancelotti is interesting. Taking Ronaldo back to Real Madrid this summer. However, Florentino Perez made it clear earlier this summer that bringing the club’s top goal scorer back to the Santiago Bernabeu was not an option. Any conclusions reached so far are expected to be signed by Borussia Dortmund on Mbabane or Earling Holland.
At the moment, it looks like Ronaldo will be in Turin for another season. Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri is counting on last season’s top scorer to help him return to the Serie A title from Inter Milan.