September 20, 2021

The Paris bomber said in a statement that France knew the dangers of attacking jihadists in Syria.

Issued: Modified:

The lone survivor of a jihadist cell that killed 130 people in Paris six years ago has claimed that France knows the dangers of attacking jihadist targets in Syria, as it prosecuted France’s worst atrocities a week later. Of hearing

“We attacked. France, Its population, targeted civilians, but nothing personal. Salah Abdul Salam.

“(President) Francois Hollande They knew the dangers they were facing in attacking the Islamic State in Syria. Jihadi Extremist groups the evening..

His calm remarks, in contrast to his outburst during the first few days of the trial, which began last week, where 19 other people are also accused. The biggest test In modern French legal history

This was the first time in the case that Abdul Salam addressed the court with the permission of the judges.

Many in the audience, including the families of the dead and about 350 people were physically injured, Abdul Salam cried or hugged each other as he spoke on his 32nd birthday.

He asserted that his confession had been obtained through torture and that his confession had been obtained through torture.

>> November 2015 attacks: Parisians remember a night of terror as a criminal case unfolds (Part 1 of 2)

“They often say I’m provocative, but that’s not true, I want to be sincere,” Abdul Salam said. “I don’t mean to hurt anyone.”

Abdul Salam was one of 10 jihadists deployed in Paris on the night of November 13, 2015 to sow the seeds of terrorism.

The group first attacked the Stade de France stadium north of Paris, where three people blew themselves up.

Shortly afterwards, another team attacked a bar and restaurant in the center of the capital, while three others stormed the Bataklan concert hall.

>> November 2015 attacks: Parisians remember a night of terrorism when a criminal trial opens (Part 2 of 2)

Nine attackers blew themselves up or were shot dead by police.

Abdul Salam, who threw his defective explosive vest into a public compartment, was caught four months later in a shootout with police in the Mullenbeck area on the outskirts of Berlin, where he grew up.

The marathon trial will run until May 2022, with a 145-day scheduled hearing involving about 3,330 lawyers and 300 victims.

(AFP)

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *