Government spokesman Gabriel Atl announced on Wednesday that the Guard Department in southeastern France would recognize a state of emergency for natural disasters next week when violent storms caused major damage.
The storm surge over a large part of southern France on Tuesday was particularly active in the Guard, where it affected 60 villages or towns. The department was placed on red alert between 11.30am and 2pm, especially around Nimes, where the roof of the shopping center partially collapsed.
Heavy rain after closing A9 major motorway for several hours.
The prefecture announced that a man had been reported missing in the southwestern town of Emergues, Nimes, but was found safe and sound by Gendarmerie on Wednesday morning.
The same source said the 65-year-old man, “initially thought to have fallen into Ronnie”, an aide to Westry, “took refuge in the rising water.”
Stephen Rochett for Matthew Guard. pic.twitter.com/610yKhGqcv.
– Weather Guard September 14, 2021.
So far, the department has not officially reported any casualties, which have been classified as ‘Orange’ alert.
Tuesday evening, Interior Minister. Gerald Darman., Came to meet with emergency services and authorities on the spot and described “extremely unusual situations, extreme attention and highly unexpected.”
He warned of what would happen next: “We especially Harold and Guard, Where we fear other episodes of this kind in the coming hours and days. “
Mato France warns of more torrential rains and flooding in Gard, Herald, Arduch, Derma and Asir – all areas are still on orange alert.
Transportation was severely disrupted.
“No incident of this magnitude has been suggested,” confirmed Mark Pontoud, an expert from Meto France. “244 mm in three hours is extraordinary in St. Dionysus,” he insisted, adding that on September 19, 2020, the absolute record in the guard at St. Marshall was 216.4 mm.
While many roads and bridges were cut off, the A9 motorway, a major route connecting the Rh وne Valley, the Marseille region and Italy to Spain, remained closed for several hours.
On the motorway, “about 30 people were brought to safety by air and ground,” said the fire brigade, which carried out a total of 60 helicopter rescue and 450 security interventions.
On Wednesday morning, a handful of secondary roads in the affected area southwest of Namas remained closed to traffic. 800 firefighters deployed on the ground were continuing non-emergency operations.
Government spokesman Gabriel Atal announced Wednesday (September 15th) that a state of emergency for natural disasters would be recognized next week.