POST Storm Eunice – Expect a storm in the ring when Amir Khan takes on Kell Brook.
Khan and Brook have long been touted for having a big fight, but so far they’ve never been able to make a deal on paper.
Now that both fighters are in the twilight of their careers, Khan and Brook put their egos aside as they weigh in on Friday before lacing up their gloves in Manchester this evening.
Khan hasn’t competed in over two years, most recently defeating Billy Deeb in a farcical brawl in the summer of 2019.
Prior to that, he lost a world welterweight title fight to P4P star Terence Crawford, with whom he trained in Nebraska before his fight with Brook.
And it was Crawford who last fought Brook in November 2020 when Bud stopped Special K in the fourth round of their match in Las Vegas.
In a fight that could define both fighters’ careers, Brook and Khan will put it all on the line when they meet in the center of the ring at the AO Arena on February 19.
SPECIAL BETS – GET KAN IN HUGE 40/1 OR BROOK IN 30/1 FOR BOXING SHOW
When Han vs Brook?
- Khan’s massive showdown with Brook will take place Saturday, February 19 in Manchester.
- The fight will take place at the AO Arena, where Derek Chisora and Joseph Parker 2 fought in December.
- Tickets for the event sold out in minutes and 20,000 fans attended the event.
- Ring walks to the main event will start from around 22:30 British time.
What TV channel is Khan vs. Brook on and can it be broadcast live?
- Khan vs. Brook will be shown live Sky Sports box office for fans in the UK.
- The event will cost £19.95 and will start at 18:00
- Boxxer are promoting the show.
- SunSport will be covering every kick on our live blog tonight.
- Radio coverage live on TalkSPORT all evening.
What happened at the weigh-in?
Both fighters have gained weight for the big bout, which is being held at a catchweight of 149 pounds – two pounds over welterweight.
Kell Brook weighed a pound under 148 pounds while Amir Khan weighed in at 147 pounds, the welterweight limit.
A fine of £100,000 per pound was in effect if any fighter was overweight.
Khan vs. Brook FULL MAP
Tokyo 2020 bronze medalist Fraser Clarke will make his heavyweight debut against rival TBC as he aims to follow in the footsteps of Team GB giants Anthony Josua and Joe Joyce by winning the Olympics and becoming a professional star.
At 30 years old, with a long and impressive amateur record and thousands of sparring rounds with AJ in the bank, Boxxer and Sky Sports will quickly push Clark into the big fights.
KHAN VS BROOK – LATEST BETTING & FREE BETTING
Widdal Riley – the heavyweight best known for coaching internet sensation KSI for his famous boxing fights – is looking to improve his record against Willbeforce’s journeyman Shikhepo.
After failing to capture the heavyweight and lightweight world titles, Liverpool queen Natasha Jonas is moving up to super middleweight for a shot at the WBO world title against Chris Namus.
The 37-year-old mother has suffered tough decisions in two of her most high-profile fights – against Terry Harper and Katie Taylor – so she’s desperate to finally break into world stardom.
- Amir Khan – Kell Brook (12 rounds, catchweight, 149 lbs)
- Natasha Jonas vs. Chris Namus (WBO World Welterweight Championship)
- Charlie Schofield vs. Germaine Brown (English super middleweight title)
- Bradley Rea vs. Craig McCarthy (middleweight)
- Frazier Clark vs. TBA (heavyweight)
- Widdal Riley – Willbeforce Shikhepo (Heavyweight)
- Adam Azim vs. Jordan Ellison (lightweight)
- Hassan Azim vs. MJ Hall (Welterweight)
- Abdul Khan vs. Ricky Starkey (lightweight)
- Ibrahim Nadeem vs. Taka Bembere (Super Featherweight)
Who is Aamir Khan’s new coach?
Khan is hoping he has a secret weapon in his corner to take down Kell Brook in trainer Brian “Bomack” McIntyre.”
And the American certainly knows a thing or two about both Brits before their Manchester fight.
Back in November 2020, McIntyre led Crawford to a stunning fourth-round knockout of Brook at the empty MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
And Khan decided to put the past behind him after his own loss to Crawford in April 2019.
It ended in a somewhat controversial fashion, with Khan pulling his corner after six rounds.
What was said?
Khan said: “Over the past 10 years, I have fought two of the best fighters, regardless of the weight class.
“I never ran away from Kell. I never had to do this. What I have achieved speaks for itself.
“There is no point in crying about the past. He didn’t deserve this fight in the past. On February 19, it will be time to see if he can confirm these words.
“I’m going down a level by taking part in this fight. I fought the best in the world. I conquered America.
“But people want to see me punch him in the face.
“It’s time for me to put him in his place and move on to bigger and better things.”
Creek said: “He is in the country of cuckoos.
“You will be completely knocked out. I will kill your spark. That’s when Amir Khan hits the deck for the last time.
“He always deviated, never respected me, never acknowledged me.
“He said, ‘Win a world title, then I’ll fight you, fight this guy, then I’ll fight you.’ He ran away.
“It has become that part of his career where he has nowhere else to run.
“I’ve wanted this for years.”