October 27, 2021

Ricky Hatton called for an investigation into the loss of Ever Hollyfield waiter Belfort and bowed his head in anger.

Boxing legend Ricky Hatton has demanded that an investigation be launched into the approval of Ever Hollyfield’s short notice fight with waiter Belfort.

The former undisputed world cruiser weight champion returned to the ring earlier this month at the age of 58.

Evander Hollyfield returned to the ring earlier this month at the age of 58.

4.

Evander Hollyfield returned to the ring earlier this month at the age of 58.
But the former undisputed cruiser weight champion was eliminated by former UFC star waiter Belfort

4.

But the former undisputed cruiser weight champion was eliminated by former UFC star waiter BelfortCredit: AFP
Ricky Hatton believes the fight should not have been sanctioned.

4.

Ricky Hatton believes the fight should not have been sanctioned.Credit: Sun.

Hollyfield – who raised concerns about his open exercise during the fighting week – saw the shell of his old self and stopped within two minutes.

Hatton is saddened by the devastation caused by his junior for 14 years and believes the Florida State Athletic Commission should not have allowed the fight to begin.

He wrote in his own. Metro column.“I wasn’t happy to see Evander Hollyfield knocked out in the first round over the weekend, not at all.

“In Florida, the Board of Control needs to investigate.

“I’m all for the show. I’ve said I’m open to one myself, the two former champions demonstrating their skills for the fans for the last time, thinking no one will be seriously injured.

“But it was very different. It was Hollyfield, 58, who came at the last minute to replace Oscar de la Hoya on a week’s notice.

Special Betting – Get Joshua to win the round at 1/6 or 60/1 or anytime 25/1

“I wrote something on Instagram this week that those who allowed this Holyfield to fight should bow their heads in shame.”

Prior to his return, Hollyfield had expressed interest in a triangular fight with fellow legend Mike Tyson.

However, the fight is unlikely to end because of how slow and weak she looked against former UFC champions Belfort.

Hatton added: “We have to move forward with time. I understand.

“Floyd Mayweather fought Connor McGregor, then he fought. [a YouTuber].

An investigation is needed to allow the Florida Board of Control to do so.

Ricky Hatton Holyfield vs. Belfort.

“Mike Tyson competed against Roy Jones.

“We can avoid it. Tyson and Jones were an exhibit, both well-dressed, and the conditions were right.

“Floyd and [YouTuber] Maybe there was some kind of understanding of what was actually going to happen there.

“But Hollyfield was put in a very bad situation by his people. The exhibitions are fine, as long as there are limits to protecting and caring for the boxer’s health.”

“It’s a world of social media. We have to move with the times. But I don’t care if you’re a boxing expert or a YouTuber.

4.

“If you like it, you’ll want to look in the mirror.”

Despite little resistance to the resurgent Belfort, Hollyfield believes the obstacle to his fight was premature.

He said: “I thought it was a bad call. I don’t think the referee should have stopped the fight so soon.


Free Bets: Get over £ 2,000 in new customer deals.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *