Queen Elizabeth II has decided to continue her stay at Balmoral Estate despite a positive COVID-19 diagnosis from one of her staff.
The king and other members of the British royal family arrived in the state of Scotland earlier this month for their annual summer vacation. Extensive measures were taken to ensure that the 95-year-old, who received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, did not become infected during his stay.
However, a member of her Highlands residence staff tested positive for PCR a few days after her arrival. According to a report in the sunThe staff was sent home on Saturday after a positive assessment.
A source told the outlet that the virus is tested daily to ensure the safety of all Balmoral staff, and that their community areas have been closed since the outbreak last year. Insiders added that staff members suffering from the infection have been placed in a separate block on the estate, so the diagnosis will not affect the royal family’s summer vacation.
“Workers have been told to wear masks and distance themselves socially, but the royal family is taking themselves as much as they were,” the source said of the COVID-19 scare.
The Queen arrived at the estate a few weeks ago, and received a traditional formal reception on Monday, during which she inspected the Balaclava Company, the 5th Battalion, the Royal Regiment of Scotland, and their mascot. . Her family members have been visiting her home ever since.
His second son, Prince Andrew, first arrived with his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, and his youngest daughter, Princess Eugenie, joined him the next day in August with her husband Jack Brooks Banks and son. Prince Charles and his wife, Duchess Camilla, arrived at their Barkhal residence on the estate on Thursday.
This is the king’s first visit to Balmoral since losing his 73-year-old husband, Prince Philip, in April this year. The couple lived together in a security bubble during their last vacation to the property.