September 20, 2021

Oscar de la Hoya revealed that the ‘kicking ass’ by Minnie Pacquiao was fun.

Despite knocking OSCAR DE LA HOYA to retirement after the fight, there is no regret in competing with Minnie Pacquiao.

The 48-year-old claimed to have suffered a brutal loss at the hands of Pakwia in 2008 even though it forced him to change his career.

Oscar de la Hoya says that in 2008 he had a terrible time with Mini Pacquiao.

3.

Oscar de la Hoya says that in 2008 he had a terrible time with Mini Pacquiao.Credit: AP: Associated Press.
But he also acknowledged that getting along with the Filipinos was a big mistake.

3.

But he also acknowledged that getting along with the Filipinos was a big mistake.Credit: AP: Associated Press.

But De La Hoya admitted that looking back, it was probably a mistake to take on the Filipino boxing legend at the time.

Referring to his infamous defeat with Jeremy Pewin, he said: “It was a big mistake, but it was fun, call me crazy, but it was fun.”

Hollywood star and podcaster Pewin wanted to know why the Golden Boy promoter decided to hire Pacquiao when he was at his peak.

And De La Hoya revealed that the reason was that his mission was always to fight the best boxers in the business.

De La Hoya went down from one weight division to meet Pequao, which resulted in two lightweight jumps to fight the welterweight.

De La Hoya explained: “Before Minnie Pacquiao fought me, he was coming upstairs, he was beating everyone, that was the next big thing.

Join San Vegas: Get Free B10 Bonus with 100 Games to Play and No Deposit Required (Ts & Cs apply)

“So I said to myself, f *** this, let me lose weight, and let me fight it, I want to fight the best.

“I want to fight the guy who’s killing everyone.”

It was the last fight of a brilliant career for the Golden Boy, who won the world title in 1992 in six weight divisions and Olympic gold.

De La Hoya has led a tumultuous lifestyle since his retirement and admitted to cocaine addiction, which he tested for rehabilitation in 2013 to combat.

3.

But since then, the promoter has recovered from his demons and was an observer during the Ben Screen fight between Jack Paul shown on the tracker.

And inspired by the return of fellow boxer Mike Tyson, fans are set to bring their one-time boxing idol back into the ring this month.

He will face former UFC champion waiter Belfort on September 11 in a professionally sanctioned bout.

UFC chief Dana White prays with waiter Belfort at KO’s ‘Crackhead’ Oscar de la Hoya boxing match

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *