According to reports, forward Liverpool center back Ozan Kabak will leave Schalke for Norwich.
Canaries is reportedly monitoring a loan deal for a 21-year-old man who is expected to leave the German side immediately.
Talks between the two sides are said to be well underway.
Fabrizio Romano tweeted Monday morning: “Norwich has officially bid Schalke for Ozan Kabak.
“Negotiations are under way to reach an agreement after Torino’s proposal was rejected three days ago. #Norwich #NCFC.
“Quebec will release Schalke in the next few hours. Work in progress.”
And Max Baileyfield, a reporter for Sky Sports Germany, added: “Norwich would like a loan agreement, negotiations are ongoing.”
Sevilla and Newcastle were also said to be interested in the former Galatasaray and Stuttgart man.
Betting Special – Get ET 50 in free bets with William Hale
But it seems the Canaries have won the race for his signature.
Schulke, who was recently sacked, was said to be considering terminating Kabbak’s contract earlier this month because he could not afford to pay it.
Liverpool paid a 1m loan to 12-cap Turkey International in January but opted for a 17 17m purchase option.
The center-back failed to impress in just 13 appearances and Liverpool instead turned their attention to Ibrahima Connett, who signed with RB Leipzig earlier this summer.
The club’s wealth has been linked to Quebec but one move has failed to get off the ground.
The German side were relegated to the Bundesliga last season.
۔ Read our Move news directly to the blog. For the latest rumors, gossip and deals.
Quebec’s contract runs until 2024, and Sun Sport revealed in May that he was demanding a تن 80,000 weekly salary to return to the Premier League.
Leicester were also firmly attached to the defender, who sat on the bench for Turkey’s short Euro 2020 campaign.
Schalke are said to be seeking .8 12.8million for the transfer.
Free Bets: Get over £ 2,000 in new customer deals.