October 21, 2021

Glasgow Burger King and Starbucks Drive Throw are allowed to plan.

Controversial plans for a new drive through the restaurant and cafe have been given the green light.

The Glasgow Times reports how locals have launched a campaign north of Glasgow to stop the creation of a new Starbucks and Burger King.

But planning The scheme was approved yesterday by the owners of City Planning.

This was revealed when the Scottish Greens in Glasgow asked for a motion. Council Officials will push ahead with a plan to make the city the first in the UK to ban the new drive-through.

Glasgow is one of the few such restaurants in the UK.

Councilor Martha Wardroop said the move could be made using planning policies, laws or other means, and said the council should look into the matter by the end of the year.

He said: “Scottish Green Councilors have called for new planning restrictions that could see Glasgow stop driving through restaurants and lead the rest of the UK in climate change. Health Alerts will be added to petrol and diesel pumps before the COP26 climate summit is hosted in November this year.

“COP26 is considered the last chance to tackle climate change, the infrastructure that prevents car use, thus increasing emissions and making walking and wheels less attractive, conducive to achieving climate goals. do not have.”

Work began in July to prepare the ground for the new Starbucks and Burger King along Thornwood Circle and Castle Bank Street.

An initial planning application was submitted in 2018 and submitted in October last year with the aim of building a two-story KFC with Starbucks.

A revised plan application was submitted this year, converting the scheme from KFC to a one-story burger king.

The owners began work with the consent of the first plan, and removed 40 trees from the site, less than two miles from COP26 in November.

A local group, Leo Thornewood, has opposed the move, and local politicians Carol Monaghan MP and Bill Kidd MSP have been highly critical of the environmental and traffic effects of the new development.

The council’s planning website shows that full planning for the revised scheme was approved yesterday.

The condition for approval of the plan is that in the next five years, any tree that dies or is removed from the site should be replaced with the same size and species.

It says restaurants and cafes will not be able to operate 24 hours a day and will be limited from 7 a.m. to midnight.

Delivery will only be allowed from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and outdoor seating will also be reduced to those hours to protect locals from noise during non-social hours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *