At the top of Group B, Spain and Sweden face each other as both sides try to claim automatic World Cup qualifiers.
At Euro 2020, both sides were in the same group, and it was Sweden who topped the four-team table during the summer.
But this is a completely different competition as Louis Enrique’s team will try to maintain its lead in the 2022 qualifier with the result of Stockholm.
When will Sweden vs. Spain start?
- The World Cup qualifier will be on Thursday, September 2.
- The match will start at 7.45pm in the UK – 8.45pm local time.
- The clash took place at Solana’s Friends Arena on the outskirts of Stockholm.
Which TV channel is Sweden vs Spain and can I broadcast it live?
- The match is being broadcast on Sky Sports Premier League.
- Coverage begins at 7:40 p.m.
- You can also stream the match live on Now TV.
What’s up with the team?
Despite being dropped by Manchester United in favor of Rafael Varane, Viktor Lindelov is Sweden’s new captain.
Impressive Euro 2020 star Alexander Isaac is in Jane Anderson’s squad and is expected to start with Emile Forsberg.
Premier League stars including Cesar Azpelicueta, David de Gea, Rodri, Ferran Torres and Adama Travar are all part of Luis Enrique’s Spain squad.
Pablo Sabaria could miss the first game of this round of World Cup qualifiers due to a muscle injury.